Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JustinTheAppleNewbie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2020
Hi, I've bought a M1 MBP but when i started League of legends on it, it didn't ask me to install Rosetta 2, why is this?
Is there a way i can check if i already have it downloaded? or any way i can download it manually?

Thanks!

Yebubbleman

macrumors 603
May 20, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Hi, I've bought a M1 MBP but when i started League of legends on it, it didn't ask me to install Rosetta 2, why is this?
Is there a way i can check if i already have it downloaded? or any way i can download it manually?

Thanks!
Either because League of Legends is Apple Silicon native already or because you installed it previously via some other Intel Mac application. I'd guess the latter.

But once it's installed, you ought to not need to install it again.

JustinTheAppleNewbie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2020
Either because League of Legends is Apple Silicon native already or because you installed it previously via some other Intel Mac application. I'd guess the latter.

But once it's installed, you ought to not need to install it again.
Is there a way i can check if its already downloaded?

JustinTheAppleNewbie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2020
Yeah. Run an app that is obviously not Apple Silicon native. If it launches, you already have it downloaded and installed and have nothing more to worry about. If it doesn't launch, you will be prompted to download and install it.
Aa, ok. Thanks! kinda new to mac?

Nozuka

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2012
Was kinda weird for me. When i downloaded apps from the app store, it did not ask me to install Rosetta 2. The Apps just wouldn't launch. Only when i downloaded an app from the internet and tried to install that, it asked me to install Rosetta 2. And afterwards the other apps worked too.

The Cockney Rebel

Suspended
Nov 16, 2018
I was promoted to install Rosetta 2, when trying to launch Xcode for the first time.

However, the dialogue window wouldn't allow me to press the install button. In fact, wherever I clicked on the dialogue window, it produced the error sound.

I had to use the terminal command.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.