Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wbaetz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2009
Has anybody else noticed that dpreview's website is changed (for the worse imo). Is it just a glitch, or did they really decide to make it less usable and ugly as sin? Or is it just that Safari 4 butchers it?

:eek:

wheelhot

macrumors 68020
Nov 23, 2007
Hmm, I don't see any major differences. Xd, post us a screenshot of what you see.

wbaetz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2009
Must have been a temporary glitch. I went back to get a screen shot, and it was "back to normal". When I went there earlier, it looked kind of like a real basic RSS feed.

wheelhot

macrumors 68020
Nov 23, 2007
ah, you must have clicked on the RSS button on the right side of the url, right beside the refresh/stop button :)

wbaetz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2009
I don't know. I actually was able to get a screen capture of what I saw, but photobucket said it was an invalid file type. I tried to post it from picasa, which did let me import it, but I wasn't able to successfully link the image here.

I really don't like picasa, or google for that matter.

Anyway, I'm glad that dpreview is back like it was. Back to your regulularly scheduled program. :)

jackerin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2008
Finland
Sometimes when a server is busy it will fail to load the necessary CSS file for a page. This will usually result in a very stripped-down version with no colours or images.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I like it, I like the simplicity of it all and I love the talent there.

wbaetz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2009
Sometimes when a server is busy it will fail to load the necessary CSS file for a page. This will usually result in a very stripped-down version with no colours or images.

That sounds like a plausible explanation for what I saw.

here is a screen capure

All of their pages looked like that for a brief time.

chocolaterabbit

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2008
I like it, I like the simplicity of it all and I love the talent there.

they may be talented, however since it's primarily a gear forum, it's mostly gear talk/ canon/nikon/pentax/sony wars. it's been a long time since i've seen amazing photos posted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.