Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Archduk3

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2012
I am need of urgent help. I recently installed 2 drives into my laptop to run RAID 0. I know bad idea from the start, but I have a backup.

Now come the problem. I activated TRIM and it seemed to not work, suggesting a restart. Fair enough I restarted and nothing really happened. The computer got stuck at the grey apple. And after some thinking, maybe 10 second or so. It restarted again with the chimne.

Problem is, now the computer fails to recognize any of the drives. I can not even see them in disk utility. Should I move the drives around, switch output and try again, do a SCM-reset or what can I do to fix this?

//C

Archduk3

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2012
Which ssds? Some ssds no like trim.

Ocz Octane.

I managed to get them back, but I can't start up after installing. It stops at the grey apple, then goes into question mark again. After a clean install!!

majkom

macrumors 68000
May 3, 2011
Not sure, but isnt like trim is not possible on raid? Or at least, there are definitely sime problems with trim on raid (i am notexpert, just remember reading some threads here about trim vs raid)

Archduk3

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2012
[Solved]

Consider this solved. The drive firmware were really out of date, something I was unaware of. After some updating and re-installing I got TRIM working on them. Now copying over files from old drive.

//C

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.