Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wiski15b

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 20, 2016
Hey everyone,
I have a m.2 installed in my 2009 Mac Pro pci slot, the disc shows in system profiler but not in disc utility. I checked terminal using (diskutil list) and it does not show up. I tried different pci slots, restarting, reset pram and SMC, I even tried reinstalling the OS but still no luck. I noticed when the m.2 is installed my system boots and shuts down very slowly, but when it's removed it boots super quick. Any thoughts?

AppleNewton

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2007
1 Finite Place
Faulty card or PCI slot? can you move the graphics card to any of the other slots and see if it works?
Sounds like it's not recognizing it as a storage device...is there other hardware or software needed for it to work?

wiski15b

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 20, 2016
Faulty card or PCI slot? can you move the graphics card to any of the other slots and see if it works?
Sounds like it's not recognizing it as a storage device...is there other hardware or software needed for it to work?
Yeah thats what Im afraid of. I have another m.2 coming in the mail today and other pci adapter coming tomorrow. Will report back.

wiski15b

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 20, 2016
Its the drive. Adapter works fine with different drive installed. I think it's corrupt.:(:mad::(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.