Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2004
NY
has anyone used the drug store digital photo service, like that kodak thing?
I have 2 pictures that i want to scan and put them in my iphoto book. But i don't have s scanner so i thought i could use that. Does anyone know if after i scan it, i can save to a CD-R or a memory card (compact flash) to import into iphoto/my book?
Thanks

puckhead193

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2004
NY
Chip NoVaMac said:
We have the Kodak stations at my job, and they seem to work well. IIRC ours has the Epson 4990 attached, and that scanner has gotten high marks.
after i scan them in can i save it to a disk so i can import it in iphoto/my computer :confused:

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
puckhead193 said:
after i scan them in can i save it to a disk so i can import it in iphoto/my computer :confused:

Off the bat, I know that you can save them to a floppy disk. Shameful that I don't know if you can save them to a CD. I know the Kodak centers can save images from a memory card to a CD.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2004
NY
Chip NoVaMac said:
Off the bat, I know that you can save them to a floppy disk. Shameful that I don't know if you can save them to a CD. I know the Kodak centers can save images from a memory card to a CD.
so finally went to my local CVS and not only do u have to use a floppy it has to be a windows formated floppy.... grrrr
who has floppies anymore

cgratti

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2004
Central Pennsylvania, USA
puckhead193 said:
so finally went to my local CVS and not only do u have to use a floppy it has to be a windows formated floppy.... grrrr
who has floppies anymore
I wouldn't even get 1 pic saved to a floppy! My pics average 15MB each when saved!!!

puckhead193

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2004
NY
cgratti said:
I wouldn't even get 1 pic saved to a floppy! My pics average 15MB each when saved!!!
yea how is that going to work. I haven't gone back yet, buta floppy holds like 1.4 MB. I want the picture to look decent so i can add it to my photobook and get that sent out so i can show everyone my pictures. Kodak if your reading this, use CD-Rs or a USB thumb drive :mad:

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
puckhead193 said:
who has floppies anymore

Worse then that. A high quality scan will NOT fit on a floppy disk. A scan of a 35mm fram should be several megebytes. It if fits on a floppy then it is a low resolution scan.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.