Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chaotix0X

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2009
Hi,
Basically my silly uncle of mine deleted some vital settings files inside the internal memory of this camera and I was wondering if anyone had this camera so they could explore the internal memory and upload them for me.

Basically the problem I'm having now is that focus is completely gone, the screen is all pinky in all modes and it's basically useless to me like this.
I've tried formatting/resetting/changing settings et cetera... nothing seems to work.

Any help appreciated dudes :)

Mr Ski 73

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2007
Sounds like the camera has got wet to me but I might be wrong. If true then it is useless and this is an insurance issue.

Chaotix0X

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2009
Maybe it's set to manual focus mode and manual white balance?
Nope, I reset everything so it's all back to factory settings. Double checked in cam settings.

Sounds like the camera has got wet to me but I might be wrong. If true then it is useless and this is an insurance issue.

Nope, defo didn't get wet. The main menu screens etc is normal (colour shows fine blahblah) but it just shows a bluey sort of fuzz and pink fuzzy line at the top in shooting mode.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.