Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OasisNYK

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 29, 2004
Do you think the majority of the DSLR users are proficient in photoshop/photo retouching or do you think there are a lot of lazy people out there who may not be able to tweak their photos on their own?

Mr.Noisy

macrumors 65816
May 5, 2007
UK™
Do you think the majority of the DSLR users are proficient in photoshop/photo retouching or do you think there are a lot of lazy people out there who may not be able to tweak their photos on their own?

I don't it's a case of laziness,
it's more likely some people out there find learning to use applications like PS, GIMP, Aperture & Lightroom, a wee bit daunting, but i guess it really depends on how far you want to tweak a image, some jpegs are fine straight out the camera, but If like myself you only shoot RAW then you need to learn the basics of 'tweaking' images, but practice makes perfect and all that, but on the whole I think a large majority of photographers are proficient using image editing programs, all the photographers i know have no problems, except my stepfather who for years shot film and finds all the digital stuff just too much :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.