Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mashinhead

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2003
I have Nikon d70, and i want some software that will allow me to take and view the pics on the computer as i'm taking them as opposed to looking at them on the lcd (too small). I know there is nikon camera control but i can't find a trial version and don't want to buy a new one cos i don't need it so permanently. Is there a trial version or a freeware alternative.

ipodtoucher

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2007
Cedar Park, TX
I have Nikon d70, and i want some software that will allow me to take and view the pics on the computer as i'm taking them as opposed to looking at them on the lcd (too small). I know there is nikon camera control but i can't find a trial version and don't want to buy a new one cos i don't need it so permanently. Is there a trial version or a freeware alternative.

Do you have a way to connect to the computer?....i would really love to have this too!

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California

As you said, Nikon will sell you something called Capture NX or something close to that. It is on their web site. About $150 if I remember. It allows for complete remote control of the camera via the USB

But now with Leopard Image Capture will do this to but it is more primitive the only control is one button called "take a picture". I tried it. It snaps the shutter then downloads the image right away. Comes with Leopard, not Tiger.

mashinhead

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2003
i will try aperture 2. I'm using this for like a week so i don't want to buy any software. if i was using it longer i would.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.