Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrACE

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2021
I had 1-HP monitor connected through HDMI and 1-27" Thunderbolt Display w/ an adaptor connected through USB-C port hooked to my M1 MINI.....I've now acquired a 2nd 27" Thunderbolt Display..And i've tried connecting it with an mini displayport-to-hdmi adaptor and a cable with the same thing..AND NOTHING :confused:.........MY QUESTION IS: AM I FORGETTING SOMETHING OR IS IT THAT THE M1 MINI CAN'T HANDLE 2 THUNDERBOLT'S???

macdos

Suspended
Oct 15, 2017
It certainly can, and mine does. But I have native DP.

Your DP-HDMI may not work with 4K screens. Check the specs.

MrACE

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2021
It certainly can, and mine does. But I have native DP.

Your DP-HDMI may not work with 4K screens. Check the specs.
are you using the cable from the monitor or a seperate one coming from the mini's hdmi to the monitor's thunderbolt

MrACE

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2021
I am using DP (monitor) to DP (USB-C on Mac Mini).
Oh Yeah..that's how i have the FIRST monitor connected...I'm having issues with connecting the SECOND 27" Thunderbolt Display..

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Oh Yeah..that's how i have the FIRST monitor connected...I'm having issues with connecting the SECOND 27" Thunderbolt Display..
The M1 Mini can drive only one display off the USB-C/Thunderbolt ports and one off HDMI. The Thunderbolt Display cannot work via HDMI; it requires Thunderbolt input, and as such you won’t be able to drive 2 of these displays with the M1 Mini.

bbbb

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2012
M1 mini can natively support 2 displays. To get a 3rd display, you must use a DisplayLink adapter. There are many USB-C to HDMI/DP adapters.

Here are a few:
* Plugable 4K DisplayPort and HDMI Dual Monitor Adapter for USB 3.0 and USB-C, Compatible with Windows and Mac
* StarTech.com USB 3.0 to HDMI Adapter - 4K 30Hz Ultra HD - DisplayLink Certified
* WAVLINK USB C Laptop Docking Station,Single 5K/ Dual 4K @60Hz

They are all available on Amazon and other vendors.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.