Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wpwj40e

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Running iPhoto8....newbie to photo type software. On my old iMac I could browse form say flickr or other apps and see my photo library and select pics to upload whatever. Now whn I go to photo library from anything that is not iPhoto it is greyed out and i cannot see my pics to select etc.

I have sharing turned on for iPhoto as wellas in security. What am I doing wrong? I can copy them to my desktop and then select from my desktop....but the iphoto library is unavailable to anything else but iphoto.

Thanks for any help!

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Running iPhoto8....newbie to photo type software. On my old iMac I could browse form say flickr or other apps and see my photo library and select pics to upload whatever. Now whn I go to photo library from anything that is not iPhoto it is greyed out and i cannot see my pics to select etc.

Are you saying that you used to browse the iPhoto library with Finder? If so, not a good idea. Use iPhoto to find your photo then use the ""export" function. Going in directly with Finder, you can mess it up without even knowing. Apple is just trying to "help".

Learn touse iPhotos search ad organization features (smart albums and so on.)

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
Are you saying that you used to browse the iPhoto library with Finder? If so, not a good idea. Use iPhoto to find your photo then use the ""export" function. Going in directly with Finder, you can mess it up without even knowing. Apple is just trying to "help".

Learn touse iPhotos search ad organization features (smart albums and so on.)

Some applications are iLife aware and allow you to browse the iPhoto Library from within the application/plug-in. An example is Ofoto. From within the Ofoto application, you browse your iPhoto library and have access to the albums, rolls, etc. The best way to describe it is like how iMovie accessess iPhoto.

I'm not sure if iPhoto'08 broke these applications, nor do I know if Flickr worked in this manner.

ft

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.