Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gw0gvq

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 30, 2012
Barry, South Wales, UK
I use another account beside my iCloud account is there any way I can avoid duplicates coming to my email ? I don't want to turn iCloud email off as I am hoping to ise it for a separate account with a different alert notifier

Last edited by a moderator:

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
I use another account beside my iCloud account is there any way I can avoid duplicates coming to my email ? I don't want to turn iCloud email off as I am hoping to ise it for a separate account with a different alert notifier

A suggestion...you might want to make your title more informative as a courtesy to others so those who can't help know in advance and don't waste time. Also a more informative title will get you more helpful responses.:)

RedRaven571

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2009
Pennsylvania

What do you mean by duplicates? The only time I get duplicate emails is when I've given more than 1 email address (e.g. - iCloud and Gmail) to the same business/organization (e.g. - Newegg); then I get dupes (i.e. - 1 email to iCloud address and 1 email to Gmail address).

The solution: use 1 email address for 'junk' and the other(s) for business/private mail.

Last edited:

gw0gvq

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 30, 2012
Barry, South Wales, UK
Read the post again..it says "more helpful responses".

Instead of making remarks, why don't you try to educate me and tell me how my post can be made to have, "more helpful responses". BTW To me, Responsive means “in response to a user action”.I wasn't saying what you said I was trying politely to answer you.

gw0gvq

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 30, 2012
Barry, South Wales, UK
What do you mean by duplicates? The only time I get duplicate emails is when I've given more than 1 email address (e.g. - iCloud and Gmail) to the same business/organization (e.g. - Newegg); then I get dupes (i.e. - 1 email to iCloud address and 1 email to Gmail address).

The solution: use 1 email address for 'junk' and the other(s) for business/private mail.
If I send an email with my gmail account I get a reply via both Gmail and iCloud mail.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Instead of making remarks, why don't you try to educate me and tell me how my post can be made to have, "more helpful responses". BTW To me, Responsive means “in response to a user action”.I wasn't saying what you said I was trying politely to answer you.

If you read my first post, it refers to the thread Title, not to the post itself. Consequently, "responses" refers, in the post, to responses to your thread, and "responsive" would have made no sense in the context.

But thanks so much for the English lesson.:)

RedRaven571

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2009
Pennsylvania
If I send an email with my gmail account I get a reply via both Gmail and iCloud mail.

When sending the email, are you using Apple mail (the default email app that came with the OS)?

If so, when you send an email, what does it say in the 'From' drop down beneath the subject?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.