Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you have some dust in any of your lens?

• Yes

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters

Rolandas993

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2017
is anyone having same issue?

Mine was replaced few days ago but i have noticed that there is one speck of dust in the lens of front facing camera, I dont use it much and quality is not affected but once you see it you cannot unsee.

Cheers.

Attachments

• IMG_0056.JPG
    IMG_0056.JPG
    156.3 KB · Views: 939
  • IMG_0053.JPG
    IMG_0053.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 500

Brandonjr36

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2016
Joplin

Mine was replaced few days ago but i have noticed that there is one speck of dust in the lens of front facing camera, I dont use it much and quality is not affected but once you see it you cannot unsee.

Cheers.
Are you sure it's not just the reflection? Look at the "dust" and turn the phone when it's in the light and see if it turns with it. I thought there was something in my back camera but it was just reflection.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

Cheers.

Truthfully, I can't see anything. I would use your iPhone as you normally have. I don't see this being an issue.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I definitely see a speck of dust but can't really tell if it's underneath the glass or on top. Have you tried wiping it off? Something like this annoys me greatly.

Rolandas993

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2017
I definitely see a speck of dust but can't really tell if it's underneath the glass or on top. Have you tried wiping it off? Something like this annoys me greatly.
It is under the glass, and yes it is a speck and not a reflection, it is really hard to take a photo with phone of object that small, I dont want to exchange it because otherwise phone is perfect

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
It is under the glass, and yes it is a speck and not a reflection, it is really hard to take a photo with phone of object that small, I dont want to exchange it because otherwise phone is perfect
You don't need too. The apple guys can open your phone and clean it

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I don't think they will exchange the whole unit. They will either replace the screen or they will attempt to remove the dust.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.