Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TechNismo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 22, 2017
6ix
I have an iPhone X, and I realized last week, one day after I got it that there was dust in the camera lens. It was not like a small speck-dot dust, people were complaining about in other threads, it was a dust-line about 0.5cm long. It was first in the left portion of the camera. The couple of days later, it moved to the bottom part and today it is gone. I can also see some new speck-dot dust particles in other parts. Thus, I am pretty sure dust is moving the camera lens. Should I be worried about this?
*I know that there are other threads relating to dust in camera lens, but my issue is with it moving.. not the tiny dust-dot particles*

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I have an iPhone X, and I realized last week, one day after I got it that there was dust in the camera lens. It was not like a small speck-dot dust, people were complaining about in other threads, it was a dust-line about 0.5cm long. It was first in the left portion of the camera. The couple of days later, it moved to the bottom part and today it is gone. I can also see some new speck-dot dust particles in other parts. Thus, I am pretty sure dust is moving the camera lens. Should I be worried about this?

If it’s not affecting your camera functionality, then I would not worry about it at this time. However, I have read multiple members mentioning that Apple is now able to disassemble the iPhone and clean the camera module area from dust versus replacing the iPhone X altogether. That might be one of your options to visit an Apple Store in this situation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.