Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

franc3sc0

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
I have received my new iPad Pro 11" less then two weeks ago. Today, I have noticed a little detail in the corner, that you can see in the attached image.

You can also see a short video here https://streamable.com/80xnh.

The iPad never felt down! I have already ask Apple returning it back as they are going to send a new iPad to me.

But... What do you think about this issue? Is it dust went under the screen? In the video, you see the glass looks not broken, nor chip.

I need you opinion.

Cheers.

Attachments

• IMG_20181119_200138.jpg
    IMG_20181119_200138.jpg
    660.3 KB · Views: 1,758

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
Looks more like a chip in the glass than dust under the display, but hard to tell. Can you feel it? Either way sounds like not an issue as Apple is replacing it.

franc3sc0

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
I cannot feel it by touching the glass. The surface looks completely flat.

I know it is not problem since Apple is going to replace it. But I was also lucky, since I have noticed this issue today, two days before the 14-days period during which you can return it back.
[doublepost=1542655085][/doublepost]I wanted just to know more about the nature of this issue.

If it is dust, this means that I need to be very careful.

If it is a chip, even more strange. I have used it very carefully.. this may mean that the iPad Pro is really delicate.

fm_carv

Suspended
Aug 3, 2015
That looks like a chip in the glass and the glass around it looks full of swirls.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.