Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

onomatopoeia

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2007
I used to use DXO on Windows. It has some pretty amazing automatic tools but the interface made manual adjustments far too complex, IMO. I look forward to giving this a shot to see if they cleaned it up at all and made it easier to use.

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
I just use Bibble Pro, it runs on OSX, Linux and Windows and does the optics correction stuff well. In fact, once I'm done fooling around with some other stuff, I think I'm going to see what it's like on my new EEE PC under Linux.

yeroen

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 8, 2007
Cambridge, MA
What a piece of utter shiite.

It's as if they fired their entire development team and hired retooled Java-weenies fresh out of school.

It doesn't even work. Click to process a photo, annnd............nothing happens.

A beta is supposed to be at least halfway functional. This is more of a GUI mock-up than a Beta.

arogge

macrumors 65816
Feb 15, 2002
Tatooine
I couldn't even get it to install. It's some sort of Web-based installer. I hit the download link and came back later, sent the file to the laptop, and then found that I had a 250 KB file instead of the software. Why isn't DxO paying for it, anyway, at least giving me a free copy of the new DxO version for my testing of the beta?

Their Quick Tour Video looks and sounds like junk when compared to Apple's QuickTime videos for Aperture.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.