Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vertsix

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 12, 2015
Texas
Does anyone else feel the Dynamic Island is unusually distracting? At least with the notch, the notch was a stagnant thing, and it melted with the display. Here, since the island changes in size and has functionality, you purposely pay more attention to it.

What do you think?

RotaryP7

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2011
Miami, FL
I actually like it. It's something different. I made a call and had on speaker, and swiped up to go to the Home Screen and it looked pretty nice, interactive. Other than that, I don't find it distracting.

Reactions: Tagbert and PirateP

hr10

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2009
I actually find it little strange/distracting when browsing on safari where page background is white

vertsix

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 12, 2015
Texas
UPDATE: I returned my 14 Pro 512GB and got a 13 Pro Max 1TB instead and saved myself $600. Apart of the savings, the dynamic island sucked and I couldn't get used to it. Too distracting.

Eggtastic

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2009
NJ
The dynamic island itself is a nice feature. The "pill" however needs to have those blacked out pixels turned back on or at least give us the option to do so. When dynamic island is activated they simply turn back off. I liked the "i" design vs. this pill because we get a little more screen / immersion into whatever we are viewing.

Yes, I have posted this before and will continue to do so until some higher up at apple who scans through forums like this takes my advice.

• Haha
Reactions: Tagbert

Vothic

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2013
Not a game changer for me but I do like it and don't find it to be that distracting when I am actually using the phone. Not sure if is just me but I find myself instinctively taping on it when using Safari thinking it is a search bar....good grief.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.