Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Samurai Shampoo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 2, 2017
Hello, was wondering if anyone knows a easy way to make a html signature in Apple Mail.

I have a big problem with Apple Mail. So I made my signature (non html, just plain text plus image) in the signature menu but the picture goes missing whenever I send emails with an attachment.

Sometimes the formatting of the email and characters are messed up too.

I think a html signature might solve this problem. If you think otherwise I'd like to know what alternative apps I could use.

Thank you.

egrimo

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2020
Istanbul
If you have Google Account, the best way of it is to create a Google doc, make an invisible table and create your signature, then copy-paste into Apple Mail. On the signature side, you won't see the image(because it comes from URL) but whenever you create an mail, you can see it under the mail.

Samurai Shampoo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 2, 2017
If you have Google Account, the best way of it is to create a Google doc, make an invisible table and create your signature, then copy-paste into Apple Mail. On the signature side, you won't see the image(because it comes from URL) but whenever you create an mail, you can see it under the mail.
Thank you for the reply. The copy paste from Google doesn't work unfortunately the table doesn't get copied.
When i paste it into the apple mail signature menu I get blank, regular text only and my image doesn't appear, neither in the signature menu nor when I write an email.

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
I have a sig that's a picture. It works fine.

I've just created another one and that worked too. In Apple Mail, open Signatures, create a new one, delete any text that's there and drag a photo into the box. That's all I had to do and it works.

Under Composing (in settings) do you have Rich Text selected? Plain Text won't work.

egrimo

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2020
Istanbul
Thank you for the reply. The copy paste from Google doesn't work unfortunately the table doesn't get copied.
When i paste it into the apple mail signature menu I get blank, regular text only and my image doesn't appear, neither in the signature menu nor when I write an email.
Do you ask this for Apple Mail for macOS or Apple Mail for iOS, this should work for macOS version, for iOS I used to copy macOS one and paste using Universal Clipboard. You may also use HTML signature websites like Hubspot's Email Generator.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.