Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apple fan23

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 9, 2022
OK, I fear this isn't possible, but I'll ask just in case... Is it possible to edit the stand ring goals? I simply never close that ring because I will not stand up for a minute every hour. I research and write, and often work in blocks of 3-4 hours straight. When I am in the zone, concentrated and working away, I will not break my concentration and go for a wander around for a minute, only to come back to my desk to find I lost track of my paragraph, train of thought, etc. I simply don't work like that. I close my other rings easily, I get my 10K steps in as I go for a long walk every day. But it would be a bit less demotivating if that darn blue ring wasn't left open all the time!
Surely other people have this problem, if they, for example, attend multiple-hour meetings, sit at conferences, or simply do other desk-bound jobs?

wHD

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2018
Lyon, France
From your Apple Watch: Open the Activity App, the scroll down to Change goals button
validate Move goal, then Exercise goal, then adjust your Stand goal (from minimum 6 up to 16 max)

Reactions: apple fan23
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.