Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

illmaticwes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
Hello -

I just got the series 3 Apple Watch and wanted to get a feel for the right Heart Rate Notification setting. I know this may be based on age/health condition but just wanted to get a feel for what others set to. Looks like a few studies say anything over 100BPM is cause for concern. That's what I have it set to. Thanks.

charlyee

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2011
Wisconsin
I have it set to 120 and when my puppy had a major seizure my watch kept dinging at me.

I realized after she was stabilized that my watch was warning me.

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
Hello -

I just got the series 3 Apple Watch and wanted to get a feel for the right Heart Rate Notification setting. I know this may be based on age/health condition but just wanted to get a feel for what others set to. Looks like a few studies say anything over 100BPM is cause for concern. That's what I have it set to. Thanks.
As you said it really depends on individual age, conditions and general health.

A normal resting heart rate for adults ranges from 60 to 100 beats a minute. Subtract your age from 220 to get your maximum heart rate. Calculate your resting heart rate by counting your heart beats per minute when you are at rest, such as first thing in the morning.

Dave

Reactions: charlyee
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.