Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

raymaur

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2018
I use a macbook air myself with no problem. However, I recently bought a macbook pro for my wife and what a disappointment! she uses her mac for communicating with members of a volunteer group and because none of them can open her attachments has had to go back to using a Lenovo notebook. What a waste of au$2,200. I wish I had known of this problem before lashing out a lot of money on the mac. Anyone want to buy a cheap mac?

Mike Boreham

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2006
UK
Anyone want to buy a cheap mac?

Yes please ;)

Seriously though I have sent thousands of attachments of all kinds from several Macs for several years without problem.

I don't know what the the problem is but I doubt it is machine specific so you would probably get more responses in the Mac Apps section, but supply some more info such as mail client, POP/IMAP/Gmail and what type of files.
[doublepost=1519290921][/doublepost]Are the files she is trying to send Zip files? If so this link might be of interest, although I have sent Mac created zip files without problem, this does seem to be a file type which can cause problems:

http://gotoes.org/sales/Zip_Mac_Files_For_PC/

Last edited:
Reactions: blake2
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.