Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Anglezark

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2017
Hi folks,

Has anyone else had this problem?

When in Safari, FaceBook, and either the full screen messages or the 'pop-up' messages, if I try to use the emoji selector on the TouchBar, the TouchBar goes black and unresponsive. Clicking elsewhere on the main screen brings back the TouchBar though.

This doesn't happen all the time, but for the last couple of days has been intermittent. I've not noticed it anywhere else on the web, or in any other programs.

MacBook Pro with TouchBar (obviously), 15", full custom spec except for 256Gb storage. Windows 10 in Parallels, but problem still occurs with only Safari and Finder active.

luminouslight

macrumors 6502
Nov 29, 2012
Orlando FL
I've had it happen to me in iMessage where I go to input a emoji and it goes completely black.. Doesn't come back unless I quit iMessage and reboot it... Kind of annoying but have had it only happen twice. Hopefully they fix it sooner rather than later.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Yep, have also had this problem. Just like the bug where the Emoji picker would appear on the main screen on 10.12.1, think we'll just have to wait for a software fix.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.