Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Grimace

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 17, 2003
with Hamburglar.
http://www.engadget.com/2009/10/21/enthusiastic-shutterbug-immortalizes-nikon-on-his-forearm/

Simply amazing.

091021-nilkon-01.jpg

091021-nilkon-g01.jpg

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
For a moment there I thought it was going to say Nikon. What a tool I'd say! Even still, what a tool. I mean, what if he switches platforms one day? If he ever gets a job doing whatever he does and they force Canon on him what will he do?

However, to each their own. The tattoo is actually very decent looking, albeit rather out of place for some reason. It's too large and it would appear this was the first tattoo. I would have gone a bit smaller tbh and went with someone who did a little better with the shading because it looks like it is a 2D camera hovering. Does that make sense?

kymac

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2006
portland
is this to remind him that he's a photographer? also i heard a rumor that model is going to be obsolete next week!

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
well good luck with any job that you have to interview for

Nikon salesman?

The tattoo itself is a bit big, and it's not drawn very well, (and what's that odd thing on the end of the lenses?) but a long sleeve will cover most of it.

I've heard the USA is more uptight about these things, but here in London, a tat like that won't automatically disqualify you from most jobs. Having the right attitude and knowing what you're doing is more important.

FrankieTDouglas

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2005
He makes a permanent mark on his body of a camera, and yet he still skimps on the lens?

Plus, Program mode? And 1/100 at f/5? Those aren't even full stops! It's like the halfway extension point from a kit lens.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
well good luck with any job that you have to interview for

Long sleeves cover it, I have employed and been employed by high level executives with tattoos. Maybe not in your bubble, but I know people with tattoos that do real well. :rolleyes:

I just happen to think it's a ****** looking job. The drawing is terrible and as I've said, the shading or lack thereof on the camera sucks. Alongside the whole display as someone else pointed out.

Not my bag but he's stuck with it.

jbernie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2005
Denver, CO
Ummm err ok... if that is was floats your boat. Guess I will give them an A for dedication, but that is about it.

Though I love your comments about being in P mode and all :)

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
Long sleeves cover it, I have employed and been employed by high level executives with tattoos. Maybe not in your bubble, but I know people with tattoos that do real well. :rolleyes:

I wasnt making any character judgement on the person:cool:

Just that largely in a white collar industry, having a long tatoo like that isnt say encouraged

jecapaga

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2007
Southern California
Meh. Zoom lens. You'd think he could at least choose some classic, fast prime. Also, note he's shooting in "P" mode. Amateur! :cool:

That was my initial thought. Classic over some huge zoom. Terrible though really. Really poor line work and there is no dimension to it, no proper shading to give it life and pop.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I wasnt making any character judgement on the person:cool:

Just that largely in a white collar industry, having a long tatoo like that isnt say encouraged
I think I've been in the "white collar" industry a bit longer than you and you're not entirely right. Perhaps your field is slightly different but frankly a tattoo tells me nothing about the person's work ethic and ability.

The tattoo reminds me of a drawing exercise done in art class where we had to draw something from memory blindfolded. This is pretty much how mine looked, I mean not the subject but the line work. That tattoo artist should be kicked.

ndstrenge

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2008
I love tattoos, but that is very ghetto. It can easily be touched up, though. Wait a year until it starts to fade, then have an detail-oriented artist give it an overhaul with a single needle at a medium/slow speed. It can still come out amazing.

jbernie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2005
Denver, CO
I think I've been in the "white collar" industry a bit longer than you and you're not entirely right. Perhaps your field is slightly different but frankly a tattoo tells me nothing about the person's work ethic and ability.

Correct, but there are also such things as first impressions, for both the employer and the customer. Get a tattoo by all means, just make sure it is something you can easily cover up.

I worked for a company that had another firm in to do a computer roll out, and one of the guys had quite a few tattoos, he had to wear a long sleeve shirt under their corporate polo shirt to cover them up.. in the middle of summer... in a building that didn't have great air conditioning.

A tattoo in and of itself isn't such a rebel thing these days, but where you have it, how many, how big etc determines how acceptable it really is. The little butterfly on the ankle...meh... the skulls and guns & knives down your arm... umm... not so appealing :)

peskaa

macrumors 68020
Mar 13, 2008
London, UK
He'll regret that in a few months unless he can somehow get it touched up to look better. Really bad job that one!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.