Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Crawn2003

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 8, 2005
Santa Rosa, California
Does anyone know of a website that has Epson Genuine ink that isn't priced beyond belief?

Right now I'm going through Newegg.com for my ink, around 11.50 a cartridge for an Epson R2400. I'm just curious if anyone knows of a place that's cheaper than that (and is reliable...).

On a side note, I tried a Continuous Ink System from InkRepublic.com and it failed miserably. Bad color, problems with the printer getting jammed on the tubes, and just poor results compared to traditional cartridges. And yes, I did follow the directions, downloaded the specific profiles, and double checked everything that I did and it still didn't work... :(

Thank for any advice on where to get ink!

~Crawn

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
First, the only continuous ink system you should use in my opinion is Lyson. While it seems expensive at first you save over time. However, $11.50 is about the price point and if you see it cheaper than $10 a cartridge then there has to be a problem. I would suspect something like recycled epson cartridges by unauthorized recyclers. I've run into that problem before. I found ink for $8.00 a pop, but about $200 worth and the ink turned out to be non-epson ink in epson cartridges. Now I pay. I even sent them to Epson and they confirmed it somehow. I doubt they'd tell me it was bad stuff since in the end they have nothing to gain.

Crawn2003

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 8, 2005
Santa Rosa, California
First, the only continuous ink system you should use in my opinion is Lyson. While it seems expensive at first you save over time. However, $11.50 is about the price point and if you see it cheaper than $10 a cartridge then there has to be a problem. I would suspect something like recycled epson cartridges by unauthorized recyclers. I've run into that problem before. I found ink for $8.00 a pop, but about $200 worth and the ink turned out to be non-epson ink in epson cartridges. Now I pay. I even sent them to Epson and they confirmed it somehow. I doubt they'd tell me it was bad stuff since in the end they have nothing to gain.

Thanks for the reply. I figured that around 11.50 was the lowest but it never hurts to ask!

I looked up Lyson just now but they don't offer a Epson R2400 CIS... :( Oh well, I guess I'll just keep with the cartridges for now and take them to CompUSA to have them recycled (and get a buck off or something like that) per cartridge. Any which way, at least I'll feel a little better by not just throwing them away and hurting the environment!

Thanks!
~Crawn

RainForRent

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2006
Greenville, SC
Atlex also has good prices. R2400 cartridges are 11.20 + Shipping.

http://www.atlex.com

Tom

I did all the ordering for my school's design lab (we had, among others, 2 2200's, a 3800, a 2400, 10000 and 7000) and we did all of our ordering with Atlantic Express. They occasionally would mess up the order, but hey, it was usually in our favor. Good prices and fast shipping, too.

joaoferro99

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2008
S. California
InkRepublic R2400 IRK3 inks

I dont know why you did not get good colors from InkRepublic's R2400 CIS, but I was very pleased with the print quality when I was using the original InkRepublic 2400 inks. And it's been more than 3 years. Just recentally, they upgraded me to their new IRK3 inks, I'm finally ran out of original IRK2 inks, and got the new IRK3 on my r2400 CIS. For several days now, I've been printing like never before! The quality of your IRK3 inks is
awesome. Even on the Red River Aurora Natural, the image color is quite faithful, ... brilliant even!
Black & white is likewise of the highest quality on my fine art papers.

I have friend using Lyson R2400 inks too, we compared the gloss, the InkRepublic's new IRK3 ink has higher glossy, and is about equal to Epson's. The lyson one has slighly magenta cast, and InkRepublic's new IRK3 inks look as great as Epson's. I dont have to customize any profiles, just let printer handle it.

Bottom line is, I would not hesitate to recommend InkRepublic to anyone. If you have any color issue, you can contact InkRepublic, they should answer your question fairly quick. Customer service is great oo.

Just my 2 cents.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.