Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

to1185

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2008
Hey,

I've got an Epson Perfection v500 photo scanner and I'm trying to scan some medium format color negatives. I took the reflective mat off but for some reason my computer isn't recognizing that I took it off, so it won't scan anything. Has anyone else had problems with this or know how to fix it?

Thanks,

T

to1185

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2008
Problem solved! It turns out if the strips are too long and overlap near the hinge of the scanner, it reads it as the reflective mat still being present. So cut the strips into frames of 3 and all will be well.

Yay.

to1185

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2008
Yeah, 6x6. They work nicely. But if you've got a long strip of 16 frames you're screwed, at least with the Epson, because it registers the strip of film off the scan area as the reflective mat. And that is Not Good. If you cut into strips of 2-3 frames you're set. Yes indeedy.

StingerT125

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2008
Dutchess County New York
How has that scanner been working otherwise. I am in the market for one and have been looking at that one. I am just wondering if you had any compatibility problems with it.

I am on 10.5.4

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.