Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cookbook

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2016
Santiago, Chile
Hi, I've designed a cookbook to sell in the Apple iStore.

I made it in InDesign CC2015 and exported the file as a fixed layout epub3 file, but the Apple iStore rejects the book because it has an incomplete/inaccurate table of contents. I've uploaded versions with the TOC (the index, on page 3 pf the book) made automatically by InDesign and also linked item by item by me, and it doesn't work... Is this a general problem of InDesign or it's just me? PLEASE HELP ME, I'm getting totally crazy with this issue...

jakeOSX

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2005
i don't use InDesign for epub, but i'll try to help best I can.

Grab Calibre, which is free, it can help edit the ebook file. For the TOC, they are referring, most likely, to the list that happens when you hit TOC in iBooks. this should have been generated, but again, I don't use InDesign.

Pages makes them based off of Headers, so all your level 1's, for example.

Calibre can help too, you will just convert the epub to an epub, but in the settings are ways to make that TOC.

In general, I find calibre a great too for ebook generation. I use it to make epubs, and then kindlegen for Kindle files.

Reactions: cookbook
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.