Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

donawalt

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015
Does anyone have any ideas why I keep getting ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE on two sites on your own network? 192.168.1.148 and .149 - two satellite/routers.

For probably years I have accessed them at those IP addresses to check status, etc. I get ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE ONLY on Chrome/Mac. I do not get the error on:
- Safari/Mac
-Edge/Windows 11
-Chrome/Windows

I have tried:
- Using Apple Cleaner to delete Chrome and reinstall it
- Removed all extensions
- Cleared cache
- Cleared DNS cache
- Verified IP addresses show up on main router for those satellites (they are reserved IP addresses)
- Restarted the Mac
- Power cycled all router/satellites/modem on the network

I have probably tied some other stuff I have forgotten

Any ideas? Thanks!

dmccloud

macrumors 68040
Sep 7, 2009
Anchorage, AK
Based on the issue you're describing, most of those steps you tried would have no effect on this issue since Safari can access the same IP addresses without issue. That indicates something is wonky with Chrome itself, although trying to get support from Google is like trying to squeeze water from a rock...

donawalt

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015
Thanks. Is there a way to get a copy of an older version of chrome, to try that?

donawalt

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015
@blank-deferent-chalice you're a HERO! That was the issue! Once it worked, I remember getting one of those messages asking for permission. I never knew what it was for and always said No lol. Funny thought, 192.168.1.1 always worked, but .148 and .149 did not. Anyway - thank you again so much!!!

ericisright

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2024
Very interesting that you can get to 1.1 but not any other address. I experienced the same error after upgrading. Thanks to @donawalt for the quick fix.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.