Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

noeXzTi_

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2018
getLocation()
Hello!

When I ran today Disk Utility, in the log appeared the following error (both Macintosh HD and disk1 Container):

warning: inode_val: object (oid 0x200a2be43): invalid bsd_flags (0x10)

There is something should I be worried?

Specs:
MacBook Pro 13-inch (with Touch Bar of 2017)
Intel Core i5 (3.1 GHz)
8 GB of RAM
512 GB of storage (SSD)

Cyprusian

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2018
I've had this issue too since upgrading to macOS Mojave (I'm currently running version 10.14.1).

Multiple occurrences of the following disk error, which are so numerous they are suppressed, are generated when running First Aid within Disk Utility.

warning: inode_val object (oid 0xc1e9b): invalid bad_flags (0x10)

Although First Aid advises it has repaired these errors, subsequent re-runs of First Aid indicate the errors have not been eradicated. I've tried everything I can think of to remove these errors, including a complete erase/format of the internal SSD followed by a fresh/clean re-installation of Mojave from scratch - all to no avail.

Notes:
1) Running First Aid from Recovery after erasing the SSD and before re-installing Mojave, does not report these errors.
2) Running Diagnostics does not report any errors.
3) These errors do not appear to impact the system.
4) General research indicates that others have had this issue with both current and past versions of macOS. Some users have reported that a clean installation has resolved the problem, but this has not worked for me.

Panthera Tigris Altaica

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2018
In the Frozen North, of course.
Hello!

When I ran today Disk Utility, in the log appeared the following error (both Macintosh HD and disk1 Container):

warning: inode_val: object (oid 0x200a2be43): invalid bsd_flags (0x10)

There is something should I be worried?

Specs:
MacBook Pro 13-inch (with Touch Bar of 2017)
Intel Core i5 (3.1 GHz)
8 GB of RAM
512 GB of storage (SSD)
This problem occurs when you have MS OneDrive installed. It is a problem generated by OneDrive and goes away if OneDrive is uninstalled _and_ the OneDrive folder is deleted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.