Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blujein

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
Australia
Recently, iTunes has been presenting an error when the application attempts to copy music from a CD to my iTunes library.

I am using an Apple iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015), operating Apple OS X El Capitan (Version 10.11.5).

I purchased three new albums during the last week; the music from one album copied successfully, while the other two albums caused a version of the error message detailed below to be displayed when attempted to be copied:

Error occurred while converting the file "Feasting On The Flowers". The required disk cannot be found.

It seems that users have experienced a similar problem and have solved the issue by changing/correcting the location of the iTunes Media folder location, however this has not seemed to work for me. I have also rebooted the iMac numerous times. I have also checked file/folder permissions.

I am attempting to copy the music using the Apple Lossless Encoder with the "Use error correction when reading Audio CDs" option enabled.

Does anyone know how this problem can be fixed?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.