Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

digitalbreak

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 3, 2016
I recently received ESR cases for the iPhone 12 Pro Max to review and have been using it for 2 weeks now. I really love the options and thought to share the same in case if anyone is still looking for some great options to protect your precious iPhone 12 Pro Max.

tempImagesD2CFl.jpg

ESR Max Air Armor Clear Hard Case

This is my favorite case of the lot. The case feels sturdy and has some good corner protection with shock absorption for your iPhone. The clear case preserves the iPhone's Pacific Blue color as its still visible and clear. The raised lips in the front and in the camera provide good protection to the screen and lenses when you lay it down. Overall, this is a great case if you are looking for protection with some style. The sides do provide a little grip with a unique construction that makes it easy to hold as well.

tempImagenDgMm9.jpg

The case comes in three colors: Clear, Navy Blue and Frosted Black. You can purchase the case from ESR Gear website here.

tempImageEIciKd.jpg

ESR Max Metal Kickstand Case

No doubt iPhone 12 Pro Max is a big phone, and having a case with a kickstand always make it comfortable in many situations like:
• Watching a movie while eating your breakfast
• Doing a video call with your friends and family
• Simply having your iPhone by your side in your office desk
And I am sure you can find more interesting scenarios where a kickstand will be more useful for you. That is exactly what the Max Metal Kickstand case provides - a kickstand!

tempImagePSU8sT.jpg

There is only one angle for the kickstand but works really well when put on a table both in landscape (horizontal mode) and portrait (vertical mode). The metal kickstand is also sturdy which is another important factor I look for in kickstand cases.

tempImage8Xvqz1.jpg

Other than the kickstand, there is nothing fancy about the case. I do want to point out that the front lacks raised lips, so I would recommend to use a screen protector if you are worried about dropping your phone face down. The case is lighter than the Air Armor Hard Case though, so if you are looking for great protection, I would still suggest the Air Armor Hard Case.

The case comes in two colors: Clear and Frosted Black. You can purchase the case from ESR Gear website here.

ESR Max Cloud Soft Case

I both love and hate this case!

I love this case for the following factors:
• Strong matte finish grip
• Bright Blue color
• Thin fit
• Lightweight
• Supports MagSage charging
• Note: I do not have a MagSafe charge (yet) so was not able to test it, but the case supports it from its product description.​
tempImagehpZ7TN.jpg

However, I also hate this case for two reasons:
• For the same silicone matte finish I love. The silicone material makes it harder to use it in your pants/trousers pockets. The silicone finish gets attracted to the pocket cloth and makes it harder to take your phone out.
• The silicone material also attracts dust and hair. So, you might have to wipe the case everyday if you are taking it out regularly.
• The case cutouts at the ports are flimsy and feels like they may break easily. Wish ESR can make the cutouts stronger for this case, just like rest of the areas around the edge.

tempImageUqMpCm.jpg

Just like the metal kickstand case, there is hardly any protection on the front screen as it lacks raised lips to protect the front screen.

The case comes in two colors: Black and Blue. You can purchase the case from ESR Gear website here.

Hope you enjoyed my review. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.