Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lyete

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2016
I have a MacBook Pro Early 2015. I recently updated to Mac OS Sierra. I am trying to turn my computer into an internet hotspot using an ethernet cable, but I'm having issues with my other devices connecting to the network I set up.
I'm using a USB Ethernet adapter USB 2.0 by kanex with the ethernet cable I already have. I've installed the latest driver from their website which was Mac OSX Yosemite.
My other devices recognize the network but when I input the password that I set, it comes up with "Incorrect Password."

I tried not setting a password and having the network open. On my devices, the network still shows up without a lock, but when I access it, the networks still asks me for a password.

I tried to submit no password, but it wouldn't let me select "Join" unless I entered 1 character into the password box. And either way, I was unable to connect my devices to the computer server I set.

Can anyone help?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.