Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AGoldenSky

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 19, 2010
My son's just noticed that everyone's fingerprints can unlock his phone (iPhone SE 2020 - iOS 15.6). I've deleted the existing fingerprints, reset the phone and just added the print from my right thumb yet I can use all of my fingers, my son's and my wife's to unlock the phone.

I'm either missing a really basic setting or there's something weird going on - any ideas...?

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
It sounds like the sensor is defective. I’ve heard of this happening if there was something over the sensor but if that’s not the case it’s probably defective. It would make a neat party trick but perhaps you want to use a passcode instead

Reactions: AGoldenSky

AGoldenSky

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 19, 2010
It sounds like the sensor is defective. I’ve heard of this happening if there was something over the sensor but if that’s not the case it’s probably defective. It would make a neat party trick but perhaps you want to use a passcode instead
OK thanks. I've emailed the retailer this morning as it's still less than a year old.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.