Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

legionsunited

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 12, 2018
Localhost
Hello folks, I just got iPad Pro 12.9 Wifi +cellular 64GB like a week ago. One thing I start noticing it that while I sleep 22:00 to 6:00 and see my iPad Pro it always lose 5 percent battery overnight in those hours whereas I have had iPad Air 2 previously which only lose like 1 or 2 %. So please look below points -

1. I'm on iOS 12.4

2. Airplane mode always ON.

3. Pencil is not attached and is on my desk (stationary is at 100% from last 3 days)

4. Bluetooth always off whole day.

5. Wifi only ON for like an hour or two, but completely off between 22:00 to 6:00.

6. Screen brightness 10 - 15%.

7. Limit frame rate to 60fps only.

8. Background refresh, fitness tracking, Analytics to Apple, iCloud drive and Back up, Find my iPad, location settings all are permanently off.

9. Black wallpaper.

10. Reduced white point, transparency, motion.

11. Automatic downloads of apps disabled.

12. Screen time off, true tone off, but Tap to wake up is ON.

13. Also between times 22;00 to 6;00 the battery stats show 0% percent drain between those times, no graphs at all, but I still lose 5% percent whereas no app account for that.
Also way more settings are off, but I still see 5% percent battery drain overnight. So, what should I do guys to fix it?

P.S - I always keep/charge the battery between 40 - 80%

Thank you for reading.

ericwn

macrumors G5
Apr 24, 2016
I don’t believe in battery myths like 40-80 % charge to keep it the very longest to be honest.
What gives you the impression that just 5% estimate drain on the course of 8 hours is something to worry about? Your only other data point is a different device with different chips inside.

I would be worried if the overall battery performance with usage would drop quickly but this- not.

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
Hello folks, I just got iPad Pro 12.9 Wifi +cellular 64GB like a week ago. One thing I start noticing it that while I sleep 22:00 to 6:00 and see my iPad Pro it always lose 5 percent battery overnight in those hours whereas I have had iPad Air 2 previously which only lose like 1 or 2 %. So please look below points -

1. I'm on iOS 12.4

2. Airplane mode always ON.

3. Pencil is not attached and is on my desk (stationary is at 100% from last 3 days)

4. Bluetooth always off whole day.

5. Wifi only ON for like an hour or two, but completely off between 22:00 to 6:00.

6. Screen brightness 10 - 15%.

7. Limit frame rate to 60fps only.

8. Background refresh, fitness tracking, Analytics to Apple, iCloud drive and Back up, Find my iPad, location settings all are permanently off.

9. Black wallpaper.

10. Reduced white point, transparency, motion.

11. Automatic downloads of apps disabled.

12. Screen time off, true tone off, but Tap to wake up is ON.

13. Also between times 22;00 to 6;00 the battery stats show 0% percent drain between those times, no graphs at all, but I still lose 5% percent whereas no app account for that.
Also way more settings are off, but I still see 5% percent battery drain overnight. So, what should I do guys to fix it?

P.S - I always keep/charge the battery between 40 - 80%

Thank you for reading.
I wouldn’t even say this is something to worry about.

muzzy996

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2018
Was it more than 5% overnight before you gimped it by turning all of those settings off?

jterp7

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
i have to admit one concern i have with owning a pro and adding a pencil is that it would drain continuously whether physically attached or otherwise, once paired with the pro.

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
i have to admit one concern i have with owning a pro and adding a pencil is that it would drain continuously whether physically attached or otherwise, once paired with the pro.

I don't see that at all with my 2018 12.9" Pro. When not in use, the pencil is in the charge-supporting holder in my Zugu Muse case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.