Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pgoelz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 20, 2017
Trying to figure this out.... suddenly I am seeing about 2%/hour drain overnight with nothing running in the background and low power mode engaged. Normally, this would be about 0.5%/hour or sometimes even less.

Overnight I see nothing at all reported as using battery. But in that time span it actually drained from 82% to 69%.

I do notice that sporadically I will see a notice that an update is completing in the background. However, there have been no updates that I am aware of.

I disabled 5G, no improvement.

Any other ideas? In the mean time I am reverting to 18.0 rtm to see if this is a beta "feature".

Paul

pgoelz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 20, 2017
Thanks, I considered that but took the nuclear option instead and reverted to 18.0 ;) And if you have seen my other recent thread, THAT was a process and a half :(

I may go back to the beta and as you said, plug in at night. Since 18.* includes battery charge limit, I don't mind leaving it on change for extended periods. But I want to run 18.0 for a couple days and see if the night time drain is gone.

Paul

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.