Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Beachside

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2021
Is anyone else seeing that Exchange server calendars are not showing on the first beta of macOS 13? I can't even see the calendars in the sidebar.

I've removed and re-added the Exchange calendar and my whole Exchange account. That did not fix it.

lvanness7690

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2014
Calendar didn't work for me initially but after 15 minutes everything loaded, this also happened on a second device. I am having an issue with Exchange reminders though. My list are not showing up in the reminders app.

matt2053

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2012
FYI I am seeing the same issue, after upgrade I could not see my exchange events on my calendar, and there was a sync error. I removed and re-added my exchange account, but my exchange events still do not show on the calendar. Bummer!

EDIT: And, just like the other poster said, after about 20 minutes, all my events finally re-appeared! :)

Last edited:

Helios_7

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2022
Other than waiting, did anyone figure out an alternative way to fix? PB1 has the same calendar/reminder sync issue with O365 for me. Been waiting since yesterday for it to update.. Mail/contacts sync fine.

jet lag

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2013
I was fine with DB 1 and 2; now with DB 3 (which is the same as PB 1 I believe) my Exchange Calendar doesn't show up. It says in the release Notes to enable the Calendar through the System Settings/Accounts instead of through the Calendar program, but that doesn't work. We have to wait it out it seems.

Reactions: michalm

4nNtt

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2007
Chicago, IL
Yes, exchange calendar support is really buggy / not fully working as of the first public beta of Ventura. The earlier developer betas were fine. This only seems to affect macOS Ventura in PB1. iOS 16 works fine.

It is really slow to sync and it doesn't sync everything. When it completes an initial sync a lot of items are still missing. It is hit or miss if new events show up. I've seen it double up the calendars in the sidebar if you re-authenticate to exchange too. No improvement if completely removing and re-adding account.

Last edited:

4nNtt

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2007
Chicago, IL
Search function inside Outlook doesn't work for me.
That isn't a Ventura bug. Search in the older interface of Outlook has been broken for a long time. That interface is required for on-prem exchange servers. I don't think Microsoft cares enough to fix it since they want to get rid of both the old interface and on-prem exchange servers. If you are on O365, just move to the new interface in Outlook to search.

Reactions: bsmr

dew912

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2022
Same problem here! google calendars sync fine, still no luck with exchange after multiple removal / re-adds / restarts. In the meantime, I installed the free version of fantastical - it's great!

kylers

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2022
Same problem here...I only had calendar selected (always have only had calendar selected). The moment I enabled email for the exchange account under the system settings the calendar synced immediately.

Reactions: Howard Ellacott

jet lag

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2013
Same with the fourth developer beta. If you enable the O365 Exchange Server account in Mac Mail- you get Mac Calendar synching with Outlook. Otherwise, it doesn't synch.

Reactions: Howard Ellacott

mlc5150

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2022
Same with the fourth developer beta. If you enable the O365 Exchange Server account in Mac Mail- you get Mac Calendar synching with Outlook. Otherwise, it doesn't synch.
So just to confirm, have you successfully synced an exchange calendar with Ventura?

jet lag

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2013
Yes. But only if you agree to sync the Exchange email with MacMail as well at this time (which I didn't want to do).

jeburneo

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2013
Yes. But only if you agree to sync the Exchange email with MacMail as well at this time (which I didn't want to do).
I confirm this worked for me, I don't use mail anyways because i use spark but at least i have my calendar working, i was going nuts, thanks.

mlc5150

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2022
I confirm this worked for me, I don't use mail anyways because i use spark but at least i have my calendar working, i was going nuts, thanks.
I have actually installed and re-installed countless times to get the calendar to sync with my exchange/office 365 account. I'm activated the mail account, and left it off, and still can't get it to update. Seems like I've tried everything. I've got a MacBook Pro m1pro. Not sure what to do, other than wait for beta 6.

Reactions: bsmr
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.