Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SilverCoin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2024
I don't know how relevant torrent clients are now, but I'm sure that some people still use them. But torrent clients are full-fledged desktop programs that download content directly to your computer and have their own graphical interface.

However, there is another category of torrent clients that does not have its own graphical user interface, although it may have a web interface. These clients do not work on a computer, but on a "remote machine". Such bittorrent clients are sometimes called "daemons". The "remote machine" can be a server somewhere on the Internet, your NAS or even a home router. "Demons" have one big advantage - you don't need to keep your computer on all the time. The main disadvantage of a "daemon" is either a complete lack of a graphical user interface, or the presence of an extremely peculiar web interface.

So. That was all the preamble. There is such a wonderful torrent client qBittorrent-nox. It can work on almost any server, NAS or router. This daemon has its own web interface, but it needs to be opened in a browser and it has an alien / outdated look. And here comes the exclusive graphical user interface for qBittorrent daemon on Mac - Lizard. This is a young project, but the application has a nice interface, good functionality and some functions that are not available in web interface. There is no point in describing the functions of the application here since everything is on the site, I will make only one reservation, I have not used such things as categories and tags before, now I do)).

I am a developer of this app. and I’d love to get feedback from the community. Any suggestions or concerns are welcome!

Download - https://nagornyi.su/lizard

All the best! 👋

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.