Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thumb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 8, 2005
hi all,

I have done a few searches here, at dpreview.com and at the nikoncafe.com looking for a mac version of a exif stats grapher. basically, it goes through a folder tree and plots the various stats of your photos (apeture, focal length etc)

here is a link that shows one for the windows world:

http://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=73762

any thoughts, or ideas how to do this ones self

efoto

macrumors 68030
Nov 16, 2004
Cloud 9 (-6)
I'm sure it can be done but it seems like it would take some pretty fancy programming on someone's part. The program would have to access the exif data for each image and then report it to another file as raw data. The graphing portion should be cake....it's just getting all of the exif data extracted in a batch operation that seems hard to do.

thumb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 8, 2005
efoto said:
I'm sure it can be done but it seems like it would take some pretty fancy programming on someone's part. The program would have to access the exif data for each image and then report it to another file as raw data. The graphing portion should be cake....it's just getting all of the exif data extracted in a batch operation that seems hard to do.

would this be the rigth program? seems to output a tabbed data set. what would be the easiest way to make it graphical?

thanks

efoto

macrumors 68030
Nov 16, 2004
Cloud 9 (-6)
thumb said:
would this be the rigth program? seems to output a tabbed data set. what would be the easiest way to make it graphical?

thanks

I honestly have no idea....I'm not a programmer in the least. I was just commenting based on what I thought may need to be done, by no means take that as gospel.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.