Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KettyKrueger

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 17, 2007
UK
Not having much luck in the 'Applications' forum so thought I'd try here.

Basically need a program to edit exif info (just dates really for scanned photos), give ratings and keywords to photos, without lossing any quality and have the info embedded in the file. Obviously, I've tried iPhoto but the info is not embedded in the file, which is annoying.

A free/cheaper alternative to Photo Mechanic, essentially.

Why is this so hard to find, surely there has to be a tonne of programmes that can do this?!

Free beer to anyone that can suggest a program of this nature (a virtual beer, mind you!).

Many thanks.

KettyKrueger

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 17, 2007
UK
After an afternoon of googling I stumbled across MacMetMod which adds Keywords to photos. I've had a quick play with it and it seems to embed keywords.

Can anyone confirm that this doesn't not alter the quality of the photo please? I'd hate to keyword all my pics and then find out that I've inadvertently damaged them.

Thanks.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
while not an EXIF editor, TagIt will let you add keywords and the like to your photos, and all files for that matter. my understanding is that it is embedded in the metadata of the file as well.

KettyKrueger

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 17, 2007
UK
while not an EXIF editor, TagIt will let you add keywords and the like to your photos, and all files for that matter. my understanding is that it is embedded in the metadata of the file as well.

Perfect, thank you!

Editing the exif is not that important, I can do that with iPhoto and export the pics. I don't have that many scanned images.

This program won't result in a loss of quality will it? Sorry, just really paranoid about messing my photos of my daughter up!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.