Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jazz1

Contributor
Original poster
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
Does anyone know Apple’s AppleCare coverage policy if you add a keyboard folio after the fact. In other words would Apple Care coverage extend to the new keyboard folio added to an existing iPad AppleCare policy? Just wondering? Or maybe you can get AppleCare for the new keyboard separately?

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
I think AppleCare only covers the keyboard if it is purchased together with an iPad. I gleaned this from shopping at apple.com. The AppleCare pages says the keyboard is covered with an iPad. And if you put a keyboard in the shopping car by itself you aren't offered AppleCare as an additional purchase.

jazz1

Contributor
Original poster
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
I think AppleCare only covers the keyboard if it is purchased together with an iPad. I gleaned this from shopping at apple.com. The AppleCare pages says the keyboard is covered with an iPad. And if you put a keyboard in the shopping car by itself you aren't offered AppleCare as an additional purchase.

Makes sense. But too bad if you have a previous iPad looking to upgrade. My experience with Apple Folio’s have not been good wear wise. Had a free replacement the first three weeks I owned the plain folio for my 2018 due to exterior “rotting”.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.