Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mixolyd

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2014
Oregon
I’m curious if anyone has had good experiences with a wireless car charger. I got this Wofalodata charger for iPhone X. I’m using an Anker cable and a Maxboost 2.4a plug. The wireless charger seems rather weak. When using GPS the battery percentage doesn’t move up or down. I’m using Apple leather case if that makes any difference.

Anyone found a good wireless charger? I’m hoping I can actually charge up while using GPS. Or is this just the nature of wireless charging in the car?

Reactions: KurtWilde

Packers1958

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2017
South Dakota
Until Apple enables fast charging, you are only going to get a slow charge with these wireless chargers. No sense buying another one.

marc34

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2017
I’m curious if anyone has had good experiences with a wireless car charger. I got this Wofalodata charger for iPhone X. I’m using an Anker cable and a Maxboost 2.4a plug. The wireless charger seems rather weak. When using GPS the battery percentage doesn’t move up or down. I’m using Apple leather case if that makes any difference.

Anyone found a good wireless charger? I’m hoping I can actually charge up while using GPS. Or is this just the nature of wireless charging in the car?

I am using a 2.4 volt usb plug, 6" micro USB cable and this one ( link below) in the center console cubby. Fits perfectly, only a 1 amp charger though. While streaming music last night it charged 6% in about 45 minutes. Have only used it once so far

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N6NCZ9N/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mixolyd

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2014
Oregon
Until Apple enables fast charging, you are only going to get a slow charge with these wireless chargers. No sense buying another one.
I think even at 5w it should charge when using GPS no? I have a kill a watt which measures watts for plugs but no way to check car plug for the output

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.