Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BDS28

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 12, 2017
Hey, I'm new here. I'm sure this has been posted multiple times but I can't seem to find it via search, so apologies in advance if this is annoying...

I need to set up my new phone from scratch and not as a restore of an old backup... But my old backup (and the 5+ years of history in it) contains a lot of important message history. What is the best and safest piece of software to use to extract/export message history into a document or other readable/savable format either from my old phone or the encrypted backup file? I am using a Windows PC.

Thanks so much for your help :)

ANTAWNM26

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2009
Hey, I'm new here. I'm sure this has been posted multiple times but I can't seem to find it via search, so apologies in advance if this is annoying...

I need to set up my new phone from scratch and not as a restore of an old backup... But my old backup (and the 5+ years of history in it) contains a lot of important message history. What is the best and safest piece of software to use to extract/export message history into a document or other readable/savable format either from my old phone or the encrypted backup file? I am using a Windows PC.

Look up backup trans

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas

Take a look at iMazing for Windows. It is able to transfer data from your iPhone to another iPhone or to your PC. It is not a free app though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.