Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jkurtz42

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 11, 2016
Hi all,

I'm trying to export a podcast recording in Garageband to MP3 to use as a podcast on itunes. Other posts and even the help menu say to go to Share -> Export Song to Disk. According to the Help topic, I should be able to select MP3 as the encoder. However, I can't find this anywhere. The only option I have is the quality settings.

Can anyone tell me how to set this up so I can export these recordings to MP3? I could find a file converter but I plan to do many podcasts and would rather not have to do this every time.

Thanks in advance!

jkurtz42

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 11, 2016
As you are going to use it in iTunes, could you not Share it to iTunes and then convert to mp3 if needed?
The workaround I figured out is to export the recording to my desktop, drag it into iTunes, then convert it to mp3 in itunes. From there, I can upload to my RSS server to update my Podcast feed. It would be easier if Garageband just allowed me to save directly to MP3.

If anyone knows how to do this, I appreciate it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.