Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
If you're having trouble with Google, try "adapter" rather than "converter".

I bought one on Newegg.

More info: I had a hard time finding mine, but it is a Delkin Expresscard 34 CompactFlash adapter. I don't use it much anymore, since most of the time my initial uploading is happening on my MacBook Air. Please note that the limitation on the transfer speed is going to be with the CF card, not the interface - even very fast CF cards aren't likely to tax the limits of, say, USB 2.0 (at least not with my 300x cards).

Don't expect to get anywhere near 3gbps over the ExpressCard interface, in other words. :D

SteinMaster

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
USA
If you're having trouble with Google, try "adapter" rather than "converter".

I bought one on Newegg.

More info: I had a hard time finding mine, but it is a Delkin Expresscard 34 CompactFlash adapter. I don't use it much anymore, since most of the time my initial uploading is happening on my MacBook Air. Please note that the limitation on the transfer speed is going to be with the CF card, not the interface - even very fast CF cards aren't likely to tax the limits of, say, USB 2.0 (at least not with my 300x cards).

Don't expect to get anywhere near 3gbps over the ExpressCard interface, in other words. :D

Thanks. OK, so I probably should buy a USB Compact Flash adapter since the transfer speed on the Express Card is limited by the CF card. That helps since my local MacOutfitters Store has the USB adapters in stock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.