Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
set up a tripod, and take 3 or 4 pictures. Stich them together in photoshop. Be sure to keep it even!

maybe your camera even has a panoramic assist mode?

jakochampolska

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 31, 2005
katie ta achoo said:
set up a tripod, and take 3 or 4 pictures. Stich them together in photoshop. Be sure to keep it even!

maybe your camera even has a panoramic assist mode?

no no dear, I think I havent explained myself clearly :)
I'm trying to have multiply shots of a person in one picture

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
jakochampolska said:

Oh. Well, take the same shot (on tripod) several times, have the person in a different spot in each frame, then layer them, then cut out the parts you want together..

do you kind of understand what I'm saying?

calebjohnston

macrumors 68000
Jan 24, 2006
You need a tripod and you have the person stand in location 1,2,3,4 and take the same picture (without moving the tripod) 4 times. Splice them together and bing, bang, boom.

Note: The picture didn't show up for me, but I'm going by context.

jakochampolska

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 31, 2005
katie ta achoo said:
Oh. Well, take the same shot (on tripod) several times, have the person in a different spot in each frame, then layer them, then cut out the parts you want together..

do you kind of understand what I'm saying?

holy crap why didnt I think of that?

thank you!!

FrankieTDouglas

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2005
Just take the same photo (angle, position, settings) a few times. Have the person in a different spot in the photo each time. Then go back into a photo editing program, cut it up, and piece it together.

Last edited:

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I didn't see the photo, but it is easy to do it with digital and film. The one below is done with slide film scanned into my computer.
The only suggestion I have is to make sure you never change the exposure or you'll get uneven results.
seq-jessica1.jpg

FrankieTDouglas

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2005
Pistol Pete said:
but isnt it hard to cut out the image of yourself?

Not really. But you don't have to be reeaaalll specific. Just cut out around the figure in the photo. You have some play room. As long as the portion you're bringing into the master photo doesn't overlap another person in that photo, you're good to go.

mchendricks

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2002
Central Florida
Some cameras have a multiple exposure mode that will not advance the film for each picture. It will take a couple of pictures on the same frame. On some manual cameras, you can take a picture and then partially advance the film. Then rewind it a bit to the original spot and it will give the same result.

Mike

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
It's doable without a tripod, but the more lens distortion combined with more camera movement makes it a bit trickier. I've made them with skiers and basketball shots, and they turned out pretty well.

Togglehead

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2006
Jersey
REALLY long exposure time can do it too.....

Low light, long exposure.....and a tripod

Have the person stand still for a while, then move slowly......then stand again.....then quickly out of the shot....

you'll get a really cool ghost effect

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
both methods work

jakochampolska said:

Actually BOTh methods work. If you treat it as a panorammer the software will do the stitching and you avoid a lot of work, Cut the image up so they look like parts of a panoramma with overlap. This saves much work

Using layers gives you a bit more control and isthe conventional method.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
COOL!!

(now could you possibly do me the favour of telling me how you did that? I spent around 20 minutes fiddling around and still can't figure out how to change one layer and not change another. I've been trying to make one thing in an image in colour while everything else is black and white, and the method is very similar to what you had to do :eek: )

Pistol Pete

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2005
California
Abstract said:
COOL!!

(now could you possibly do me the favour of telling me how you did that? I spent around 20 minutes fiddling around and still can't figure out how to change one layer and not change another. I've been trying to make one thing in an image in colour while everything else is black and white, and the method is very similar to what you had to do :eek: )

ok so...are you familiar with how the layers work?

What I did:

1. create a new photoshop page the same page as my pictures with a transparent background.

2.lay all the pictures on top of eachother lined up.

3. start with the image on the top layer of photoshop.

4. use the lasso tool to circle the object in the picture.

5. go to the select tab at the top menu and than click inverse.

6. to cut press shortcut APPLE + X.

7. go to the next layer.

8. leave the last layer alone...

so basicly none of your layer will have a background except the very last layer which will have the background.

FrankieTDouglas

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2005
I was thinking about this thread today while I had some free time. Grabbed a few pairs of clothes, my tripod, and came out with this...

Last edited:

Pistol Pete

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2005
California
FrankieTDouglas said:
I was thinking about this thread today while I had some free time. Grabbed a few pairs of clothes, my tripod, and came out with this...

nice man nice...

I am hoping to do a lot of this in the future...it is very interesting haha.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.