Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sebastian79

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2017
I've seen it done somewhere. Can anyone tell me how to setup my iPad to be an extended desktop/display to my MBP? Tnx!

pixelatedscraps

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2017
Hong Kong
There are countless apps that can do this. I don't know them off the top of my head but I'm pretty sure if you google your exact thread title you'll be able to find a solution (with reviews) to help.

Sebastian79

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2017
Tnx guys. It seems that Duet Display and Air Display are the 2 big boys in the competition.
Discarding the fact that AD supports wireless wifi connection and DD does not, is there any other major differences (lag, glitches, etc...). I want to use it with FCP.

jerryk

macrumors 604
Nov 3, 2011
SF Bay Area
Tnx guys. It seems that Duet Display and Air Display are the 2 big boys in the competition.
Discarding the fact that AD supports wireless wifi connection and DD does not, is there any other major differences (lag, glitches, etc...). I want to use it with FCP.

Duet works quite well, and the USB cabling minimizes lag.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sebastian79

c0ppo

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2013

I own both. Duet is by far superior app. Hands down the best one out there.
Purchase it, enjoy it :)

Reactions: Sebastian79
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.