Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

singularity0993

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 15, 2020
I have to say UC is such an awesome feature and I absolutely loved controlling my iPad from Mac and vice versa. It really brings unity to the ecosystem.

But I also have a Windows PC and I would like the functionality extended to it as well, so that all my working devices can be controlled with a single input. I know it is unlikely that Apple will provide a solution to this, so I’m looking for third party software that first connects my PC and Mac via network, and then extend that connection to iPad with UC.

I’ve heard about solutions like Logitech Flow and Barrier (and Synergy). Since I don’t have Logitech keyboards so Flow won’t work for me. Barrie’s macOS version isn’t notarized so I’m hesitant to install it on my Mac. Synergy is paid software and I haven’t tried it out yet. In addition, I’m not certain whether these technologies are compatible with UC, i.e. all of these software trigger when you move your mouse to the edge of display, what happens when you use 2 of them?

Has anyone ever tried these software? Or are there any other solutions that can extend UC to Windows?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.