Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

buttongerald

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 29, 2016
St. John's, Newfoundland
Good day folks,

I have a question(s) to ask and I figured it might be easy to find some answers here as there may have been a few people who have gone through this.

I am an avid hiker and angler, and more and more I find myself capturing video on my iPhone as opposed to my Canon Rebel. I still love my Rebel for photographs, however the video is far more crisp and clear from the iPhone. Now part of this being is that the Rebel captures at a maximum of 720p were as the iPhone captures at a maximum of 1080p.

My question is if I purchase the external card reader, am I able to record video and send it directly to that card without any sort of hassle? I like to record a lot of clips when out and about and because my iPhone only has 8GB and below of storage it fills up rather quickly. When I go out for a quick hike or a few flicks on the pond I actually have to take everything media related off the phone to maximize space.

I was also wondering is there a sort of combo that contains extra battery power and storage? To extend the phones battery life as well as storage.

I still cannot believe I am posting this because before I bought my iPhone I was very anti use phone for anything but a phone. I am slowly starting to embrace it a little more but am trying to stretch my current iPhone as long as I can without an upgrade.

If anyone can leave tips or suggestions it'd be very welcomed.

Regards,

Gerald B.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.