Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nikonut

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 2, 2008
St Louis Mo
I am wanting to run a external HD while working with Capture 2,I have a new Maxtor 500 gig that I have used very little with xp.It is only Firewire 400 though.
I only want to run the external when running Capture or possibly Lightroom 2 as well.I only plan to use the Mac for camera work only.
I have looked at the Time Machine and I know it is wireless or can be,I do not currently do networking.With this said,I would only power the axillary drive when editing pics so is the Maxtor or Time machine either one adequate for my needs ? Thanks !

Steve

termina3

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2007
TX
I still don't know what you want to do, or really what you want to do it with.

All I know is that you're using Capture NX 2, which, by the way, is rarely mentioned on this forum--so you'd be well served by spelling it out at least once.

Nikonut

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 2, 2008
St Louis Mo
I still don't know what you want to do, or really what you want to do it with.

All I know is that you're using Capture NX 2, which, by the way, is rarely mentioned on this forum--so you'd be well served by spelling it out at least once.

Gosh, Iam sorry if I havent detailed my request enough...I will explore this at another site.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.