Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iSuedhead

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 22, 2016
When I first installed (clean install) Mojave I had this problem that my external HD's kept spinning and
didn't go into sleep mode, even though sleep mode is activated through the WD Drive Utilities app.

They are WD My Book drives and I have updated their firmware and did a full scan of all of them, no problems showed up.

No biggie, did another clean install and the problem was fixed. But since the 10.14.1 update it started happening again. Anyone have any idea how to fix this? Preferably without reinstalling Mojave, as I finally got it to work decently.

I would go back to Sierra, but I'm having a lot of problems doing just that.
I'm using a late 2013 iMac with a fusion drive, so I have to undo the apfs and go back to MacOS Journaled. Which asks for some Terminal commands to make the iMac see the fusion drive as 1 drive. So far so good. But upon reinstall I get an error message. I forgot the exact wording it showed. But some online sources suggest changing the date should fix the problem. Except for me it didn't work. No matter how many times I tried.

I encountered no problems reinstalling Mojave after the Sierra install error, so I'm thinking the problem is not hardware related?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.