Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bibs310

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2021
Beta Driver for macOS 11.1 Big Sur available!! (BEEN WORKING GREAT!!)

Below are step-by-step instructions including a link to download the driver. Here is a link to a pdf document for those who need a visual instruction guide.

macOS 11.1 installation steps:

1. Please disconnect your j5create device if it is connected before continuing on to the installation process.
  2. Please click on the link below to download the driver install file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/149mqP-puHkgSqBl4BsxaVRESeuOjKKFa/view?usp=sharing
  3. Open Finder, then select “Downloads”
  4. Locate and double-click the file labeled as: “j5create_video_adapter_driver-3.3-2021-01-03.dmg”
  5. Please select “10.15-11-v3.3-2021-01-03.pkg” file (This is the macOS 11 Display driver installer.)
  6. Proceed through the installation process to completion, i.e select “continue”, “install”, and enter your password when prompted
  7. You will be prompted that our driver will be blocked (Magic Control Technology Corporation) during the installation (Note: The installation might complete but do not restart until you allow the driver through
  8. Select the "Open System Preferences" button to take you to the "Security & Privacy" settings.
  9. Under the "General" tab you will find a message at the bottom of the window that states "System software from developer “Magic Control Technology Corporation “ has been updated.......".
  10. Make sure to unlock the padlock at the bottom left-hand corner of the screen to make changes (enter admin password) and to select "Allow" next to the message mentioned above
  11. Once this is completed, you will be prompted to restart your computer. A window will appear, please select "Not Now" and then click the driver installation window option "Restart" instead.
  12. Connect your device to the Mac computer and your video cables to the display/monitor once the mac computer is back up. Also ensure that your display/monitor is on the correct video input as well.
  13. A "USB DISPLAY DEVICE" notification will appear in the upper right corner of the system Please be sure to click on the icon and select “Allow”.
  14. The "USB Display device" Application should also open automatically. If it does not appear, please find the application on the Mac computers dock or launchpad to access the app.
  15. Next click on the "Activate USB Display Driver" button located at the bottom right-hand corner of the window.
  16. You may be prompted to allow the application. If you are prompted, please select "open system preferences" and Under the "General" tab you will find a message at the bottom of the window that states "System software from application “USB Display Device” was blocked from loading.”
  17. Make sure to unlock the padlock at the bottom left-hand corner of the screen to make changes (enter admin password) and to select "Allow" next to the message mentioned above. (You should not have to restart your computer but please do if prompted)
  18. An Authentication message may appear again, click "Open System Preferences" under the "Screen Recording" message, If this message does not appear, please reconnect the adapter. If the message still does not appear, ensure to check your Security & Privacy settings. Go to your Apple Icon > System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy tab > screen recording > Check if "DJTVirtualDisplayDriver" is there and has a checkmark next to it. Then disconnect and reconnect the device after.

Once these steps have been completed, you should now see the desktop background and the display should now be ready to use!

Reactions: Abhijeet.dev

rb9

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2021
I followed all the steps mentioned above but still it didn't worked.
The last step 18, the notification "DJTVirtualDisplayDriver" didn't show up under the screen recording.
Is there anything else that has to be done for that?

Thanks

abhishekshaw401

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2021
I followed all the steps mentioned above but still it didn't worked.
The last step 18, the notification "DJTVirtualDisplayDriver" didn't show up under the screen recording.
Is there anything else that has to be done for that?

Thanks
I am having the exact same issue. Did you find a solution to this problem yet?

Rolymac

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2022
The install instructions could certainly have been more helpful. Would have saved me a tonne of time.

My eventual resolution:

1/ In system preferences>Security&privacy>General>click Allow to the blocked usb display device at the bottom of the window.

2/ In system preferences>Security&privacy>Privacy tab>Screen Recording> allow for DJTV....

LegacyUser12

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2016
The install instructions could certainly have been more helpful. Would have saved me a tonne of time.

My eventual resolution:

1/ In system preferences>Security&privacy>General>click Allow to the blocked usb display device at the bottom of the window.

2/ In system preferences>Security&privacy>Privacy tab>Screen Recording> allow for DJTV....
BIG thank you!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.