Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MahaA

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2017
Hamburg
I have a very annoying problem with my 13 inch Macbook Pro mid 12 running Mac Os 10.13.6 and an iyama ProLite E2783QSU 24” display connected via display port.

When my Macbook goes to sleep while NOT connected to the power chord, the external display does not wake up, once I wake up the MBP. I notice that the MBP still recognises that an external monitor is connected since I can move the mouse into the area where the external monitor is supposed to be.

(However, the external monitor DOES wake up after sleep when the MBP is connected to the power chord.
Of course I don’t always want to keep my MBP connected to power cause this will decrease battery life, right?)

Turning the monitor off and on again does not solve the problem, nor does unplugging and reconnecting the monitor. The only way to solve this is to restart my MBP which is really annoying as you can imagine.

Connecting the monitor via HDMI is not an option since this somehow restricts the resolution of my external monitor to 1980x1080 but I want to have it in 2560 x 1440.
Resetting PRAM and SMC did not solve this problem.

This problem did not occur with my older external monitor (which was connected via a HDMI adapter)

Can anyone please help me with this?

Cheers!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.